Shall we get you registered for Choro Camp 2022?
There is a form further down the page that we’ll ask you to use to provide us with all the information we’ll need to get you properly registered. But before that, please take a minute to read through your registration options here.
The Basic Choro Camp New England (CCNE) Options
Here are all your Choro Camp options, their associated costs and a bit of description:
- Tuition – Now that the Early Bird tuition period has passed, tuition is $625. This is the only non-optional item on the menu — even if you want to come “just jam” for the week. It covers the cost of having a staff of artists on site and access to Smith’s facilities, and it pays your friendly organizers. Some need-based financial aid is available, so let us know if this tuition is out of your reach, but please do your best to support this fledgling event if you would like to see it thrive.
- Housing – $290 for 6 nights (Monday-Saturday) or $250 for 5 nights (if you’re arriving Tuesday morning). The standard arrangement is a private room with shared bathrooms on the hall. You can stay elsewhere, but the dorms are where the action is all day and well into the night. It’s kinda nice to have a room close by.
- Meals – $270 for meals on campus starting Tuesday morning, ending with breakfast on Sunday. A great way to stay both fed and well-connected with campers and staff.
And Don’t Forget the Saturday Night Concert…
- Concert Tickets – $25 if purchased in advance. This is NOT part of your registration with us because ticket sales are handled entirely through the venue, the Academy of Music. However, reserved seating tickets will be made available to Early Bird registrants before they are made available to the general public, guaranteeing your choice of the best seats in the house.
Your Payment Options
To pay for whatever you’ve selected from the options above, you have two further choices to make: when to pay, and how to pay.
When do you want to pay?
- Pay in Full Now – Choose this option, and we’ll send you an invoice. You pay it. Done. (Please see our cancellation policy below.)
- Pre-register Now – Now that we are beyond the Early Bird registration period, this option is no longer available. We leave it visible here so, for future reference, you can see the advantage of early registration.
Through March 24th you have the option of holding your spot by paying a $200 pre-registration fee. You can pay the remaining balance any time before May 15th. Please note that pre-registration during the Early Bird registration period—that is, through March 24th—does guarantee you all the benefits of early registration, which include a discount on tuition and access to reserved seating concert tickets before they go on sale to the general public.
How would you like to pay?
- Pay online – Based on the selections you make on the registration form, we’ll send you a PayPal invoice, which you can pay using either your PayPal balance or a credit card. Please note that PayPal does charge for their service and we pass their fees (of about 3%) along to you, so the cost will be slightly higher than the prices we’ve quoted above.
- Pay by check – You can also send us a check. No fees for that! We’ll include our mailing address with the invoice we send you.
Pay in cash – If paying in cash for all or part of your registration works best for you, that’s another option we’ll offer on the registration form. Check that box and we’ll be in touch.
Our Cancellation Policy
First off, let’s put this piece plainly: If we have to cancel Choro Camp, anything you have paid will be refunded in full.
If the event is going on but you, for whatever reason, need to cancel your registration, here are our policies for this year:
- If you opt to pre-register by making a $200 deposit, that deposit is non-refundable.
- If you opt to register in full, all but $200 of that registration payment is refundable through April.
- During the month of May, 50% of your full registration payment is refundable
- After June 1st, no refunds can be guaranteed.
Ready, Set, Register!
Now, on to the registration form itself. If you encounter any problems or have questions, we’re here to help. You can reach Andrew or Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the invoicing is not automated, so please give us a little time to get back to you. Thanks for that! You can leave Andrew a voicemail at (413) 320-8154, but email is generally more reliable.