If you can come for ALL of Choro Camp, we highly recommend it. We offer an integrated program of instruction, so less isn’t just less—it’s different. Plus, we have a lot of fun and want you here for it. That said, we understand that not everyone can get away for the whole time. So for those of you who can be here for at least a few days, we will do our best again this year to offer a “half camp” option.
We give priority to those who can be here for all of Choro Camp, so Half Camp registration will not be available until March 1st at the earliest. If you would like to be alerted if/when this option comes available, please jot a note to Carolyn to that effect at [email protected].
For an overview of the half camp option, read on!
The two broad options are:
- First-Half Attendance: Tuesday through Thursday. (Arrive Monday eve if you wish.)
- Second-Half Attendance: Thursday through Saturday. (Depart Sunday if you wish.)
Of the items below, the only one which is not optional is the tuition, which pays for the artists on our staff and other costs of producing the event.
- Half Camp Tuition: $375
- Housing: $50/night.
- Meals: $55/day.
- If you want to attend an additional full day of camp, you can do so at a cost $125/day.
- If you want to come for a shorter period of time, that’s fine, but be aware: the cost of meals and housing is flexible (meaning, you can skip those); the cost of tuition is not.
Please be aware that if our target student/teacher ratio is at its limit for any instrumental group we will give first priority to those who have opted to attend for the full event. So the half-camp option may be limited to only those who plan to work with specific instrumental groups in which space remains. Feel free to ask and we’ll let you know where things stand.
OUR CANCELLATION POLICY
- Through March, only your $200 pre-registration fee is non-refundable.
- During the month of April, 50% of your registration payment is refundable
- After May 1st, we’re fully committed to Smith College and our artists. No refunds can be guaranteed.
READY, SET, REGISTER!
Now, on to the registration form itself. If you encounter any problems or have questions, we’re here to help. You can reach Andrew and Carolyn, our registrar, at [email protected].
<Here’s where the Registration Form will be if we are able to offer this option.>